iTunes Duplicate Song Manager with Folder Watch removes iTunes duplicates in Windows and Mac OS X. iTunesDSM can also watch a folder and automatically add new files to iTunes safely.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Version 0.8.2 released
You can check the change log for details or ask iTunesDSM to check for a new version for details, but essentially numerous fixes have been made. If you install it in Windows, it will ask to uninstall the previous version first.
1. Remove files that have been duplicated by iTunes, for example, 01 Dream On 1.mp3, 01 Dream On 2.mp3, ...
2. Backup up files before they are removed from the iTunes Music Folder.
3. Customize extensions to filter with.
4. Remove orphaned tracks from iTunes. Orphaned tracks are files that no longer exist but that iTunes doesn't know about. (Windows only)
5. Written in Java so it works on Windows and Mac OSX.
6. Automatically or manually add tracks to iTunes that are in a folder but not in the library. For example, a family shares a folder that contains music and one user has bought a new song, but other iTunes libraries don't have that song in the library, i.e. iTunes Folder Watching - Background Monitoring.