iTunes Duplicate Song Manager with Folder Watch removes iTunes duplicates in Windows and Mac OS X. iTunesDSM can also watch a folder and automatically add new files to iTunes safely.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
I updated the javadoc today. It took forever, but it's part of releasing the code since it is open source. Version 0.8.0 is close to being ready. I've been using it on a regular basis on my system and its stable.
1. Remove files that have been duplicated by iTunes, for example, 01 Dream On 1.mp3, 01 Dream On 2.mp3, ...
2. Backup up files before they are removed from the iTunes Music Folder.
3. Customize extensions to filter with.
4. Remove orphaned tracks from iTunes. Orphaned tracks are files that no longer exist but that iTunes doesn't know about. (Windows only)
5. Written in Java so it works on Windows and Mac OSX.
6. Automatically or manually add tracks to iTunes that are in a folder but not in the library. For example, a family shares a folder that contains music and one user has bought a new song, but other iTunes libraries don't have that song in the library, i.e. iTunes Folder Watching - Background Monitoring.