iTunes Duplicate Song Manager with Folder Watch removes iTunes duplicates in Windows and Mac OS X. iTunesDSM can also watch a folder and automatically add new files to iTunes safely.
Monday, November 23, 2009
I've updated the javadoc today too and I'll posting it on SourceForge momentarily. There are a few more classes involved mostly listener classes and a few Gui related classes. For the inclined the javadoc is available to read.
1. Remove files that have been duplicated by iTunes, for example, 01 Dream On 1.mp3, 01 Dream On 2.mp3, ...
2. Backup up files before they are removed from the iTunes Music Folder.
3. Customize extensions to filter with.
4. Remove orphaned tracks from iTunes. Orphaned tracks are files that no longer exist but that iTunes doesn't know about. (Windows only)
5. Written in Java so it works on Windows and Mac OSX.
6. Automatically or manually add tracks to iTunes that are in a folder but not in the library. For example, a family shares a folder that contains music and one user has bought a new song, but other iTunes libraries don't have that song in the library, i.e. iTunes Folder Watching - Background Monitoring.