Thursday, November 19, 2009

iTunes show (exact) duplicates option

Something I discovered today in iTunes. If you go to File > Show Duplicates it will show you duplicates based on track tag information in iTunes....but....

If you hold down the shift key and then click File > Show Exact Duplicates iTunes will show you the files that are exact duplicates the same ones iTunesDSM removes.

Nevertheless, you still have to manually select and delete each file, if you want an automated process iTunesDSM will do this for you.

Brian

1 comment:

  1. I inadvertently created over 3,300 song duplicates while transferring the 1,100 CDs in my iTunes library to an external hard drive. I've been manually deleting these duplicates for the past few months when I could find some spare time. Every so often I'd do a search to see if I could find a program that sounded like it could easily do this for me.

    Today I came across iTunesDMS: I am ecstatic to announce that I am duplicate-free! This program easily identified and removed the song duplicates, leaving the originals intact. It was easy and quick, just the program I was looking for. The only caveat is to make sure you unzip the file all the way before you run the program. I can't tell you how relieved I am not to have to keep manually deleting all those damn duplicates.

    ReplyDelete